Yes, it’s time to slow down and breathe to help your gut.
Focusing on your breathing is an effective way to encourage the body to relax.
Why not try this this incredible breathing exercise:
- Find a comfortable, quiet and safe space.
- Lie down in a flat or slightly reclined position.
- Close your eyes.
- Place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest.
- The bottom hand should do the moving. The top hand should remain still or only move as the bottom hand moves.
- Breathe out completely and then inhale slowly and deeply through your nose into your abdomen to push your hand up. Breathe only as deeply as feels comfortable. Your chest should remain still or move only slightly.
- Exhale through your mouth, making a quiet, relaxing whooshing sound as you gently blow out.
- Your abdomen should rise as you breathe in and fall as you breathe out.
- When you feel comfortable with this technique, count 'one' as you breathe in and say 'inhale' or 'relax' and 'exhale' or 'calm' as you breathe out. Use words which are easy for you to say and repeat.
- Repeat the above steps until you count up to 15.
- It is common to feel some uneasiness or lightheadedness so allow yourself time to adjust to your surroundings. Do not stand up too quickly.
And relax. Love from The Triveda Tribe x